Wedding rings are a popular item to resize. They are often sized by a jeweler, but there are a few ways to resize a wedding ring on your own. Here are three methods to resize a wedding ring: using a ring sizer, using a jeweler’s saw, or using a ring mandrel.
Resizing an engagement ring
Can You Resize A Wedding Ring?
As a professional jeweler and ring resizer, I have seen it all: rings that are too big, rings that are too small, rings that are just too tight. And, of course, rings that are just too loose. But, in all honesty, the most common reason rings need to be resized is because the person who originally bought the ring no longer wears it.
There are a couple of ways to resize a ring. The most common way is to use a jeweler’s saw. The ring is cut off exactly where it needs to be cut and then the jeweler uses a saw to re-size the ring. This is the method I use most often.
Another way to resize a ring is to use a jeweler’s resizing mandrel. This is a specially designed mandrel that is used to resize rings. The ring is placed on the mandrel and then the jeweler uses a jeweler’s saw to cut the ring down to the correct size.
The downside to using a jeweler’s resizing mandrel is that it can be more difficult to get the ring to fit perfectly. If the ring is not resized perfectly, it can cause the ring to curve or bow. This is why I prefer to use the jeweler’s saw method most often.
So, in conclusion, the most common reason rings need to be resized is because the person who originally bought the ring no longer wears it.
How To Resize A Wedding Ring
If you are having trouble fitting your wedding ring onto your finger, it may be time to resize it. Wedding rings are often created to fit a certain width on the finger. If your finger size has changed since your ring was made, it may be possible to resize it.
Here are the steps to resize a wedding ring:
1. Get a ring gauge, or a ruler that is about 1/4 inch wider than the width of the ring you are trying to resize.
2. Find a ring sizer that matches your gauge.
3. Hold the ring sizer against the inside of the ring, with the gauge aligned so that the measuring lines are in the center of the ring.
4. Use the ring sizer to measure the inner width of the ring and write the measurement down.
5. Remove the ring from the sizer and measure the outer width of the ring.
6. Write the measurement down and compare it to the inner width measurement you made in step 3.
7. If the inner width measurement is smaller than the outer width measurement, it means that the ring is too small.
8. If the inner width measurement is larger than the outer width measurement, it means that the ring is too large.
9. To resize the ring, you will need to reduce the size of the ring by adding or subtracting material from the inside of the ring.
When To Resize A Wedding Ring
There are a few things to keep in mind when deciding when to resize a wedding ring.
First, the metal alloy of the ring should be checked to see if it can be resized. Many rings are made from a variety of metals, so it may be possible to resize the ring depending on the alloy.
Second, the size of the ring should be considered. If the ring is beyond the size that can be comfortably worn, it may be necessary to resize the ring.
Third, the comfort of the ring should be considered. If the ring is too large or too small, it may become uncomfortable to wear.
Finally, if the ring is beyond the size that can be comfortably worn, it may be necessary to resize the ring.
Why Resize A Wedding Ring
Most couples choose to get married wearing the same ring size. However, there are a few reasons why you may want to resize your wedding ring. If your ring is too big, it can cause discomfort and even slip off your finger. If your ring is too small, it may not fit properly and cause discomfort or even damage to your finger.
In order to resize your ring, you will need to take it to a jeweler. They will use a special instrument to measure the circumference of your finger, and then they will use a jeweler’s saw to cut the ring size to the correct size. Be sure to ask your jeweler to include a new ring band in the price of the ring adjustment, as this will help to ensure that your ring remains properly secured on your finger.
Tips For Resizing A Wedding Ring
- It’s best to take your ring to a qualified jeweler to have it sized. A professional will be able to properly gauge circumference and depth, and give you an accurate quote for the resize.
2. If you are only interested in a snugger fit, you can try a ring compressor, which is a small tool that helps you to create a tighter fit by pressing down on the ring.
3. If you are considering a full resize, it is important to remember that the diamond will need to be removed and refitted. This is a delicate process, and should only be undertaken by a qualified jeweler.
4. Finally, keep in mind that a full resize may not always be the best option for your ring. If you are not happy with the new fit, it is possible to have your ring resized using a smaller diamond, or a different metal.
There are a few ways to resize a wedding ring. You can use a jeweler’s saw or a metal cut-off wheel to cut the ring down to a smaller size. You can also file down the ring’s edges until it is a snug fit. If you have a jeweler who can resize the ring for you, this is the best option. If you are unable to get the ring resized, you can try to find a ring that is a similar size and wear it as is.